Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I might have to scrap this one


I was painting again today and came to the point of taking off the masking fluid. The stuff wouldn't come off! It has soaked into the fibers of the paper and I'm stuck with it. Since it's yellow on all the white highlights I might have to start this one over (if I feel like doing it again). I am particularly annoyed because this is the first time it has ever happened to me. I bought a more expensive kind of masking fluid than usual to try it out. Needless to say I won't use it again. :( I might try using white paint over the spots to see if I can save it but it might be beyond saving.

2 comments:

Colette Theriault said...

That would be such a pity to have to start over Ellen. What wonderful work you have done so far. I've never heard of masking fluid not wanting to come off before...can you share what brand it was?

Ellen said...

Hi Colette,
I am going to keep going on this one and use acrylic over the masking at the end. It was a new bottle of Daler-Rowney masking fluid that I used. I have never had any problems with other brands like I did with this one.