Saturday, February 20, 2021

Finished - “Isolation Focuses Beauty”

 Today I finally finished what I thought would be a simple flower painting. I’m still learning oil painting so there were a few oopsies as well as drying time between glazes. I had a hard time deciding how far to take it towards realism. I didn’t want it to look like a photo. It was also an experiment with Black 3.0. It didn’t turn out as black as I imagined when in bright light but in room lighting I am happy with the feeling of depth it brings.

I worked all over the painting once again adding glazes of colour, correcting lines, values, edges, and shadows. I then painted the outside and front edges of the cradle board it’s painted on with the Black 3.0 as well as two coats over the background. I found out you can’t paint the black over oil paint. It acts like a resist. Good thing they were just small corrections. I attached hanging hardware on the back and I’m calling it finished. Thanks for following my progress.



No comments: