Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Step 20

Today I only painted for an hour but I had a lot of insights. The first was that when I put out the oil paint I need to adjust them with medium so they are all the same consistency (not some thin and some pastey), I also should not scimp on the amount of paint I put out. In my painting I realized that one pupil is lower than the other so that will have to be adjusted. The hairline is also way too high. I am developing a technique to blend colours and I am still using bigger brushes and blocking in colours better every day. So little time put in but lots of good learning. Today I worked all over the face adjusting colours. I had to stop because eveything is too wet. I can't paint tomorrow (life gets in the way) but that will give the paint time to dry a little.


No comments: