Monday, May 11, 2015

Step 6

Today I made a decision to change my magenta colour on my palette. The one I was using dried dull and chalky looking so I changed it to Quinacridone Magenta. That probably won't make much sense to anyone who doesn't paint but it means that I now must go over each petal fixing the colour to unify the painting.

I also added a couple of washes of quin gold and magenta over the center of the lily then removed the masking and fixed the stamens. That area is getting close to being finished.

I worked some more on the lily pads but there is still a lot left to do on those. One day at a time I guess but the deadline looms nearer and I don't think I'll have time to do a second painting before the end of the month for another show in June.

No comments: