Saturday, January 10, 2009

Drinking Buddies Step 1


It seems like forever since I've had a chance to paint. Now that the holidays are finished and the decorations put away, I can finally get back to the studio. My new year's resolution is to get out with my camera and take a lot more reference photos so I will never be without inspiration to get started on my next one.


I have started one that I call Drinking Buddies. I have been collecting these ceramic face mugs for a few years (they are hard to find) and they just looked so cheerful together I wanted to capture the group.


It is 18 x 13" (an odd size but I am painting to fit frames found at garage sales) and is being painted on Fabriano Artistico 140 lb paper. It buckles more than my usual 300 lb but I had a piece left over from another painting so I thought I would use it up.


I have drawn it out roughly and will correct it in the morning and photograph it under better light.

No comments: