Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Final image

After some very helpful feedback from a couple of very accomplished and trusted artists, I made the decision (after the last posting) to remove one of the locks of hair over the forehead. I like it much more now and it is drying ready for the varnishing next week.

I know that it is very controvertial to varnish this early and usually you need to wait 6 - 12 months but I  need the painting to be ready for a show in Dec. It won't be sold but rather given to the person in the painting so if there is issues with condition I can fix it in the future. Gamblin (maker of Gamvar) says that you can varnish as soon as it is very dry to touch.

So here is the painting but just understand that right now it is very hard to get a good image. Some of the paint is very reflective and some is matt. I'm hoping that once varnished it is easier to get a better photo.


No comments: