Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What have I been up too?

Not painting obviously. Santa is still sitting there waiting for me to get over the latest distraction. I have become fascinated by dyeing silk scarves. I took one workshop and have been hooked ever since. What I am doing right now is working on increasing my stock of completed scarves to have them for sale at the Christmas Craft shows up here. Paintings don't sell well as gifts but I believe these will. I still have to finish the Santa painting for a show in Dec so I will get back to it but the progress will be slow.

To give you an idea of the scarves I am working on, here are a few photos. I started out just learning technique but I am now trying out traditional dyeing patterns and inventing some of my own. I'll only show my best ones after this post so I won't flood this blog with pics.








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ellen! These are beautiful! I really like the ones with the flower patterns. Have fun with this and I hope you sell lots!

Ellen said...

Thanks Patty.