Monday, July 29, 2013

For a show

I have been delayed in doing more work on the Santa painting because of a deadline for a painting for a show with my local art club. This was supposed to be a quick and easy painting (16 x 24) but turned out to be very hard to get even washes and blending. I called it Breakfast... Assembly Required and it is a varnished watercolour. However, the varnish made it almost impossible to get a good photo because of reflections. The photo shows a lot of blotchy colours that aren't there in real life because of the manipulation in Photoshop to get the image as close as possible. I will be back at the Santa painting shortly.

2 comments:

Colette Theriault said...

Lovely painting Ellen, and great title for the piece! I understand your frustration with photographing one's work and trying to achieve a good digital representation of it. Good luck with the show!

Ellen said...

Thanks Colette, a photo never looks quite right.