Saturday, June 29, 2013

Step 8

I think this has been a record for not continuing with a painting. Lots of things got in the way of my art. I taught two workshops out of town and the family went to Jamaica for my son's destination wedding. Now that things have settled down I can paint again. I am hoping the delay in taking off the masking won't turn into a disaster!

I have done more shading of the shadows, more working on the skin tones and started to add a gold wash over the shirt where firelight is supposed to be hitting. Many more washes are going to be needed to get the effect I want. The exciting part is that the next step will be to remove all the masking fluid and see what kind of mess lies beneath. :) I also really need to start adding colour to the bottom of the painting so that it is easier to get an accurate photo. All that white throws off the camera.



No comments: