I finally finished the experimental painting of my cat on watercolour paper glued to a wooden backing. I "varnished" it with acrylic medium before trying to get the final photo and it made it very difficult to get a photo without reflections. His face was partly in shadow but the white fur was reflecting colours from the surface he was sitting on. I love the colours that resulted in his face.
I learned a lot doing this (one was not to apply the acrylic medium with a roller... lots of tiny bubbles). I also had trouble with the whiskers. No more trying to do them with masking fluid. :(
I will be doing many more of this kind but first I have a portrait to finish and then a commission to start. There is never enough hours in the day!