Saturday, October 18, 2008

Starting 2 paintings

I finally have time to get back to my painting. I've really missed it but life has a habit of getting in the way. I have three paintings to do in the next month so I have to make time for my art. :) I have to work tomorrow but I should be able to do a lot in the next two days.
The first one is 8 x 10" and is a commission for a co-worker. It is hard to make out from the outlines, but it is a picture I took of her Trilliums. I had to move a few blooms as well as leaves around in photoshop to make a good composition without looking artificial. The photo of the drawing isn't very good because I had to boost the contrast to see it here.


The second one is a still life of a perfume bottle in bright sunlight. It is also 8 x 10" and will be donated to our art club's sale to raise money for the club. Every member is donating one or two small paintings.




No comments: